RYA Coastal Skipper Sail
An advanced course for skippers to develop their passage planning and passage making.
Five consecutive days aboard. To ensure quality we do not offer this course over twin weekends. As each candidate needs to skipper a longer coastal passage, it would be unrealistic to achieve what is required if we had to return to base and start again half way through the course.
- 15 days on board
- 2 days as skipper
- 300 miles
- 8 night hours
- Boat handling to the standard of the Day Skipper Practical Sail Cruising Course
- Navigation to the standard of the RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased course
- RYA Short Range Certificate (recommended)
This five-day course is for the more ambitious sail cruising skipper wanting to undertake coastal passages by day and night. On the course each candidate will skipper a passage in a variety of situations and learn more about safety, passage planning, pilotage by day and night, boat handling and emergency situations. The course is taken in tidal waters. During the week you will skipper the yacht on a longer passage (25-50 miles), ideally in less or un-familiar waters than you already know. Our instructor will be on hand to guide you when required. We often mix Coastal Skipper Students with Competent Crew students (as there would not be time for everyone to skipper a suitable passage if the boat was all Coastal Skippers Candidates). It is also a great opportunity for the Competent Crews to experience some proper offshore or coastal yachting.
- 5 days instruction from a Yachtmaster Instructor
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Coastal Skipper Sail certificate
- Free parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of foul weather gear (£5/day if required)
- Berthing fees, away from the home port
- One evening meal (eaten ashore)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More