RYA Powerboat Intermediate
To learn the skills required to plan and complete coastal passages by day and to develop new boat handling skills.
2 days, 0930 to 1700
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (Coastal) (essential)
- RYA SRC (recommended)
- RYA First Aid (recommended)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased or RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship (useful)
During this course you will plan and undertake coastal passages, making use of both GPS and traditional navigation. We cover subjects such as charts (including the compass rose, direction, distance and methods of position fixing), tides, weather, GPS navigation, high speed navigation and the practical application of. You'll practise skills including berthing between piles, Mediterranean moorings, entering and leaving locks and alternative person overboard techniques.
- 2 days of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat Certificate
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
The date’s listed below are the first day of the course. If they do not suit, please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates around you.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More