7-day Cruising and Mile builder
Our 7-day cruises are run from three distinctly different locations at different times of year.
- UK - Year round, generally embarking and disembarking at Southampton
- Canary Islands - October and November generally embarking and disembarking in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- Caribbean - January to April, often starting and ending at different destinations including Grenada, Antigua, St. Maarten and the British Virgin Islands
During our offshore training you will experience watch patterns, crossing shipping lanes, offshore navigation, electronic position fixing, distance sailing and log plenty of miles. For Yachtmaster hopefuls there is an opportunity to log some 60 Mile passages and use this as a mile building trip, while for those less experienced this is a very fun and adventurous week.
UK - 0930 on day 1 to 1600 on day 7
Canaries - 1900 on day 0 to 1200 on day 7
Caribbean - 1800 on day 0 to 1200 on day 7
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum Experience RYA Competent Crew or 5 days, 4 night hours, 100 miles
Samples of UK Offshore Cruising Course Itinerary:
- 7 Days - Southampton - Cherbourg (France) – St. Malo (France) – St. Quay (France) - St Peter's Port (Guernsey) – Braye (Alderney) - Southampton (Approx. 400 Nautical Miles, including 4 passages of 60 NM or more).
- 7 Days -Southampton - Brixham - Falmouth - St. Mary’s (Scilly Isles) - Salcombe - Poole - Southampton (Approx. 450 Nautical Miles including 5 passages of 60NM or more).
- 7 Days-Southampton – Brighton – Dieppe (France) – Le Harve (France) - Ouistreham (France) – St .Vaast (France) - Southampton (Approx. 400 Nautical Miles including 4 passages of 60NM or more).
Destinations and total mileage varies depending upon prevailing wind direction and strength. There is no guarantee of the mileage or passage lengths. A cruising week will usually contain at least two passages of 60 Miles or more. These courses are an ideal opportunity for Yachtmaster candidates to log their 60 mile passages.
Samples of Canary Islands Cruising Course Itinerary:
- 7 Nights - Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), - Pasito Blanco (Gran Caneria) - Fuerteventura - MoroccoTenerife - Lanzarote - Las Palmas (300-380 miles, incluing 3 passages of 60NM or more)
- 7 Nights - Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), Mogan (Gran Caneria) - Los Cristianos (Tenerife) - , La Gomera, El Hierro, Tenerife - Gran Caneria (300-330 miles including 2 passages of 60NM or more)
Samples of Caribbean Islands Cruising Course Itinerary:
- 7 Nights - Grenada - Grenadines - St Lucia - Martenique - Dominica - Antigua (350-400NM including 2 passages of 60NM or more)
- 7 Nights - Jolly Harbour (Antigua) - Nevis (St. Kitts) - Montserrat - Guadeloupe - Falmouth harbour (Antigua) - Barbuda - Jolly Harbour (350-400 NM including 2 passages of 60NM or more)
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£20/week to hire if required in UK)
- Footwear/boots (required in UK)
- UK- 2 evening meals ashore. Overseas - 5 evening meals ashore
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More