7-day Channel Cruising and Mile builder
During our offshore training you will experience watch patterns, crossing shipping lanes, offshore navigation, electronic position fixing, distance sailing and log plenty of miles. For Yachtmaster hopefuls there is an opportunity to log some 60 Mile passages and use this as a mile building trip, while for those less experienced this is a very fun and adventurous week.
0930 on day 1 to 1600 on day 7.
- Minimum age 16
- Minimum Experience RYA Competent Crew or 5 days, 4 night hours, 100 miles
Samples of Offshore Cruising Course Itinerary:
- 7 Days - Southampton - Cherbourg (France) – St. Malo (France) – St. Quay (France) - St Peter's Port (Guernsey) – Braye (Alderney) - Southampton (Approx. 400 Nautical Miles, including 4 passages of 60 NM or more).
- 7 Days -Southampton - Brixham - Falmouth - St. Mary’s (Scilly Isles) - Salcombe - Poole - Southampton (Approx. 450 Nautical Miles including 5 passages of 60NM or more).
- 7 Days-Southampton – Brighton – Dieppe (France) – Le Harve (France) - Ouistreham (France) – St .Vaast (France) - Southampton (Approx. 400 Nautical Miles including 4 passages of 60NM or more).
Destinations and total mileage varies depending upon prevailing wind direction and strength. There is no guarantee of the mileage or passage lengths. A cruising week will usually contain at least two passages of 60 Miles or more. These courses are an ideal opportunity for Yachtmaster candidates to log their 60 mile passages.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£20/week to hire if required)
- An evening meal ashore
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More