3-day Cross Channel Mile Builder
To sail across the English Channel to France and back to Southampton by sailing yacht.
Three days and three nights, commencing on a Thursday or Friday evening at 19:00 and running through to 16:00 on the Sunday or Monday.
- Minimum age 16
- Minimum Experience RYA Competent Crew or 5 days, 4 night hours, 100 miles
A typical weekend starts with a shake down sail to Yarmouth, followed by a passage to Alderney, Cherbourg, St. Vaast or a combination of, before returning home to Southampton. The course specifically covers offshore passage planning, watch patterns, offshore position fixing, crossing shipping lanes and foreign customs. Most crews enjoy a meal out in France or the Channel Islands and have been known to bring back the odd bottle or two.
This is an ideal opportunity to get some proper offshore experience under your belt and log some sixty mile passages towards the Yachtmaster Pre-requisites. The crew is typically of mixed experience. Routes and destinations do vary and, if in the instructor's opinion, it is unsafe to cross the channel then sailing will be done closer to home instead.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5/day hire if required)
- Berthing fees away from the home port
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More