RYA Powerboat Advanced
So, you want to go fast, travel at night and handle waves? The advanced course covers all this and a whole lot more. If you think it’s time you took your boat further afield or out in more challenging conditions, then this intensive two days should help bring you up to scratch.
This is a 2 day course involving a night exercise on day 1.
Day 1 hours
- Day 1 Start Time- 0930
- Day 1 Finish Time- 3 to 4 hours after dusk (2000 in December, much later in June)
Day 2 hours
- Winter - 0930 to 1700
- Summer - A shorter day as we will have covered more of the syllabus the preceding day
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- Navigation knowledge up to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased (essential)
- RYA First aid (essential)
- RYA SRC (essential)
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat (desirable)
The course includes GPS navigation, advanced boat handling, high-speed navigation, night navigation, rough weather handling and search patterns.
- 2 days and a night of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket and light
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
The dates listed below are the first day of the course. If they do not suit please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates around you.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More