RORC Malta Middle Sea Race 2017
Regular offshore and RORC racers will know there are five renowned 600-mile offshore races around the world, (RORC Caribbean 600, RORC Fastnet Race, Sydney Hobart Race, RORC Round Ireland Race and the Malta Middle Sea Race).
The Malta Middle Sea Race takes place every October while the Mediterranean sea temperatures are still warm and the shoreside facilities are still open! The course is essentially 600 miles from Malta, round Sicily and back, rounding a few other smaller islands on the way. It is one of the most varied and scenic race courses in our calendar.
- Minimum Age 18
- Sailing ability and experience to RYA Day Skipper Sail or above
- RYA Sea Survival (one day course)
- Minimum 5-days racing experience
In reality many crew will come to the Malta Middle Sea Race with considerably more experience than that outlined above. There are limited spaces on board and in order to ensure we can race competitively we reserve the right to limit places based on race experience.
You are welcome to sleep on board the yacht during the training days or book a hotel locally. Obviously accommodation is on board the yacht for everyone during the Middle Sea Race.
Welcome evening in Malta - 16 October - Fly in on the Monday, join us for a crew brief that evening, followed by dinner ashore (not included).
Training Day 1 - 17 October - Get to grips with the yacht, in particular sail trim, spinnaker work and sail changes.
Malta Coastal Race / Training Day 2 - 18 October - A 20 to 40 mile coastal race in the waters of Malta and Gozo and an ideal training opportunity for us before the main event. This day will culminate in a thorough team debrief.
Training Days 3 & 4 - 19 to 20 October - Put into practice everything we have discussed as a team following the Coastal Race.
Midddle Sea Race - 21 to 24 October - We budget four days for this 600 mile race, in reality it can take less (or more if there are light winds). Crew can leave any time after the race finish or remain in Malta for the prize giving party (28 October). Those that need to get home are likely to be flying home on the or 25th.
- Full use of the yacht
- Experienced racing skipper and mate
- Lunches, snacks and drinks on board for the training days
- All meals on board for the Middle Sea Race
- Race entry fees and on board expenses (berthing, diesel, gas etc)
- Loan of a life jacket
- Team shirt
- Team Jacket
What's Not Included:
- Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) - Required
- Wet weather gear
- Meals taken ashore
- Your travel
If you would like to join us for the RORC Malta Middle Sea Race, the first step is to discuss your experience with our Principal. Please call us on 02380 231122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More