RORC Caribbean 600 2018
The 9th edition of the RORC Caribbean 600 will attract competitors from all over the world. In just a few years it has established itself as one of the 'must do' offshore yacht races of the international racing calendar, on a par with the RORC Fastnet Race, the Sydney Hobart Race and the Round Ireland Race. One of the main reasons for its popularity is the fantastic sailing conditions as well as the intricate course, weaving through 11 Caribbean islands. The RORC Caribbean 600 Race is a new style of offshore yacht race, designed to test speed, agility and guile: more like a Formula One race track than a traditional windward leeward course.
When the gun goes at Fort Charlotte, Antigua, to mark the start of the RORC Caribbean 600 2018, the racing crews will be pumped up with adrenaline to begin a high-speed adventure in arguably the best sailing grounds in the world. Warm breeze, day and night with big waves typify this race, making the central Caribbean a very special place to race.
If the idea of offshore racing in a pair of shorts with big breeze appeals to you then apply to join our race team or if you already have a team charter a whole race yacht from us.
On board our race yacht with our professional skipper and mate, you will spend three days training and peparing for the race in the waters around Antigua before race start. Between three and four days later (depending upon prevailing conditions) we will cross the finish line to enjoy the welcome party atmosphere ashore of English Harbour.
Those booking whole boat charters should discuss their crew experience with us, ultimately we will be more interested in your key team members and it will be your responsibility to ensure the rest of your team are suitable for this event. If you are booking an individual place then the RORC Caribben 600 has slightly higher pre requisites than most of the other Caribbean events we do.
- Minimum Age 18
- Competent sailor (understands points of sail, can trim sails and handle lines/winches)
- Some existing race experience (can be dinghy but preferablly yacht)
- Some offshore experience (i.e. have sailed out of sight of land and ideally within a watch system)
- Basic level of physical fitness
- 15 February- Crew meet in Antigua (evening)
- 16, 17 February- Training on board
- 18 February- Race preparation day
- 19 February- Race Start
- 23 February- Prize Giving
- 24 February - Depart
(dates are provisional until confirmed by RORC)
- 3 days of pre-event race training/preperaion in Antigua pre event
- RORC Caribbean 600 Race
- Race ready yacht with clean hull, IRC rating and ISAF Cat 3 equipment
- Experienced racing skipper or Owner's representative
- General boat expenses (diesel and gas etc.)
- Accommodation on board, if required (although we reccomend you consider staying ashore pre and post event)
- Entry to Prize Giving Party
- Loan of a life jacket each
- Crew shirt each to wear for the event and take home as a momento
INDIVIDUAL BERTH BOOKINGS
- Everything in the whole boat charter package above plus;
- Experienced first mate onboard
- Berthing in Antigua
- Race entry fees
- Soft drinks & lunches onboard on all sailing days
- Breakfast, dinner and snacks on board for the race days
What's Not Included:
- Accommodation ashore
- Flight, Transfers, Visas, Travel Insurance
- Meals ashore
- Whole boat charters do not include
- First Mate
- Race Entry Fees
- Meals and drinks on board
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More