RSYC Spring Series 2017
Having warmed up with the RSYC Frostbite Series earlier in the year, we will go on to compete in the RSYC Spring Series during April and early May. There are only limited places available to join our team, so don't hesitate in booking your place on board.
The Royal Southampton Yacht Club (RSYC) Spring Series is a fun and lively race series spanning late April and early May. It's a great way to tune up for summer with two races each Sunday morning and two training days to ensure we all know what we are doing on board.
Experience has taught us that the type of crew who join our racing series' tend to be of mixed ability. This works very well, as we do not want boats full of "old hands", nor do we want a boat full of novices. We do, however, set a minimum level of experience and ask that all crew members have basic sailing ability (RYA Keelboat Level 2 or equivalent). The RYA Start Keelboat Racing course would also be useful, although during the series we will cover the RYA Start Racing Course or Intermediate Racing Course with you (level dependent upon previous experience).
On board the yacht, we will devote the Saturday of the first two weekends to training and will cover start lines, mark rounding, spinnaker work, upwind performance and team work. On the Sunday of these two weekends we will race at RSYC. After the initial two weekends we then race one day each weekend for the rest of the series.
- Saturday 1 April 2017 - Training Day 1
- Sunday 2 April 2017 - Races 1 & 2
- Saturday 8 April 2017 - Training Day 2
- Sunday 9 April 2017 - Races 3 & 4
- Sunday 22 April 2017 - Races 5 & 6
- Sunday 7 May 2017 - Races 7 & 8
- Sunday 14 May 2017 - Races 9 & 10
During the series we will sail ten races (two each Sunday). The best seven results count towards our final result. Racing takes place on a Sunday morning and we will usually be back ashore for about 13:30 -14:00. There is prize giving at the RSYC Clubhouse after racing each week and "Sunday Roast/Carvery" is available (not included in our package). Prizes are awarded to the first boat in each class each week.
- Two training days
- Five further race days (with two races a day)
- Skipper and use of our performance racing sportsboats
- Race entry fees
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Start Racing or Intermediate Racing Certificate
- Free parking at Shamrock Quay ( Subject to terms & conditons )
- Tea and coffee on race days
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (available to hire from £5 per day if required)
- Lunch at RSYC after racing (optional)
We have limited availability aboard the keelboats so it's essential you book early to avoid disappointment!
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More