RSYC Winter Series 2017
As the summer season draws towards a close, the racing doesn't have to end! October and November are renowned for providing us with some excellent winds for racing. The RSYC (Royal Southampton Yacht Club) Winter Series is, therefore, always a very popular end to the racing season. We enter several yachts into the series and welcome you on board as crew.
The race series includes two days of pre-race training and five weeks of racing over five Sundays (with two weeks off to rest!) During the series, we will sail a total of ten competitive races (two races each Sunday). The best seven results overall count towards our final result. Racing takes place on a Sunday morning and we will usually be back ashore for about 13:30 -14:00 to take advantage of the Sunday Roast Carvery in the RYSC Clubhouse (not included in package price). Each week, prize giving takes place in the Clubhouse after racing. Prizes are awarded to the first boat in each class each week.
On race Sundays, we meet at 08:30 for race briefing. Racing starts around 10:00 and generally finishes between 13:00 and 14:00. After a short de-brief, those that want to can head for the Royal Southampton Yacht Club for Sunday carvery (this is not included). The programme is as follows:
- Saturday 7 October 2017 - Training Day 1
- Sunday 8 October 2017 - Races 1 & 2
- Saturday 14 October 2017 - Training Day 2
- Sunday 15 October 2017 - Races 3 & 4
- Sunday 22 October 2017 - Races 5 & 6
- Sunday 12 November 2017 - Races 7 & 8
- Sunday 19 November 2017 - Races 9 & 10
The RYSC Winter Series 2017 is a competitive race series. As such, each crew member will require basic knowledge and some experience of sailing. This generally means that you should be of RYA Dayskipper Sail or RYA Keelboat Level 3 standard, at least. Some crew members will, of course, have considerably more experience and it is good to have a crew of mixed ability. It is, however, beneficial to all crew members to have completed the 2-day RYA Start Keelboat Racing Course before joining this series. We will provide an experienced race skipper for each boat that enters the series.
We devote the Saturday of the first two weekends to training and will cover start lines, mark rounding, spinnaker work, upwind performance and team work. On the Sunday of these two weekends we will race at RSYC. After the initial two weekends we then race 1 day each weekend for the rest of the series.
We are offering a comprehensive package for the RSYC Winter Series 2017. The Stormforce Coaching package is more than just entry into the race series and includes:
- Two full days of pre-race training with an experienced skipper and instructor
- Entry into five further race days (with two races a day)
- Use of a performance racing yacht (to give you the best chance of winning!)
- Race skipper for the full campaign (training and racing)
- Race mate for the first training day
- Race entry fees
- Lunch on both of the training days
- Tea and coffee on board during the race days
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (available to hire for £5 per day)
- Food/drinks post race at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More