RYA Essential Nav. & Seamanship Online
To provide a basic awareness and understanding of navigation and safety. This course is for dinghy sailors, keelboaters, powerboaters, jet ski riders and divers.
About six hours online, in your own time.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although it is most suitable for powerboaters and sailors, and is particularly useful to those who have completed a Level 2 Powerboat, Dinghy or Keelboat course or PWC Proficiency.
The course incorporates charts and publications, safety, buoyage, tidal awareness, basic navigation and pilotage, rules of the road, electronic navigation, anchoring, weather forecasts and passage planning.
Watch our short film to get an overview of the course:
Once you have booked, we will email you a web link and your password to the RYA Interactive Stormforce Coaching E-Learning Site. We will also post you the necessary training charts and instruments. You can begin the course straight away, it will take about six hours (in total) and can be done at times that suit you. You have up to six months to complete the course.
If you need help, our Instructors are available by email to answer questions and guide you through. This support service is included free of charge. On successful completition of the course we will post you your RYA certificate.
- 2 RYA Training Charts
- RYA Essential Navigation Book
- Handy Plotter
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship Certificate
- Full access to the Interactive E-Learning Site
- Access to the online RYA Training Almanac
- Unlimited email support
- £20 discount against a practical yacht cruising, dinghy sailing, keelboat, motor cruising, powerboat or PWC course booked with us (discount is valid for bookings made up to two months from completion of your E learning course).
- Postage of the RYA pack and the certificate (to UK mainland).
What's Not Included:
- Overseas postage- charged at cost. Please email us to check the cost of overseas postage.
If two or three of you enrol with the same postal address and are willing to share some of the training charts and publications, we are able to discount your course accordingly.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More