Here in the UK, leisure skippers of craft less than 24m and/or 80GT are not required to hold a licence to go boating. However, Brits who wish to go boating in Europe (and beyond) will often find they are required to produce a Certificate of Competence.
- Powerboat Level 2 (or higher level Powerboat Course) - includes ICC power 10m
- Day Skipper Motor (or higher level motor cruising course) - includes ICC power 24m
- Day Skipper Sail (or higher level sail cruising course) - includes ICC sail 24m
- PWC Proficiency - includes ICC PWC
If you take any of the above courses with us, your ICC will automatically be endorsed “Coastal”. If you intend to operate within the inland waterways of Europe, you will require the additional inland Code Européen des Voies de Navigation Intérieure (CEVNI) endorsement as well. The CEVNI test is a short multiple-choice test that can be taken either at our centre or online.
Before taking the test with us you will need to self study the contents of http://www.rya.org.uk/shop/pages/product.aspx?pid=G17(RYADefaultCatalog)&mode=c&cat=Inland+Waterways(RYA+Main)&type=&course=
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Either UK citizen or UK resident
- ICC holder (or about to take the ICC)
You can take the test either at our centre (takes less than 20 minutes) or you can take it online. Each question offers you four multiple-choice answers. The pass mark is 21/30. You may have up to 2 attempts at the test for the one-off fee. You can also take a practice test before you start to see if any more revision is required.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More