BSAC Diver Cox'n
The aim of the Diver Cox’n assessment is to assess a candidate’s practical boat handling skills, as well as the underpinning knowledge related to the general handling of small boats and to diving specific boat handling activities. The CDA Diver Cox’n Certificate will be awarded to those who demonstrate competence in the handling and management of a small powerboat.
Five hours driving experience to have been logged since taking the boat handling course or 20 hours logged experience as driver
Minimum age 16BSAC Membership
We also strongly recommend that candidates have completed a RYA SRC Radio Course.
The assessment comprises three sections:
Voyage Planning, Practical Boat handling and Theory Knowledge. Failure of any part means failure of the whole.
- Voyage planning: (taking into consideration the local tidal conditions on the assessment day and the times of high, low and slack water, as well as the inshore weather forecast). Preparation and checking of the boat.
- Practical Boat Handling: Open water handling – high speed, confined water handling, anchoring, dropping and recovering a shot line, man overboard simulation, dropping and recovering divers, coming alongside, approaching a shelving shore and recovery onto trailer.
- General Theory: Safety equipment to be carried – See the CDA publication “Guidelines for the Safe Operation of Member Club Dive Boats” available from BSAC HQ. Emergencies – radio operation, Mayday and Pan Pan calls, engine failure procedure, overdue divers procedure and emergency signals. Knots – clove hitch, round turn and two half hitches, anchor bend, reef knot and bowline. Rules of the road – collision avoidance, head-on, crossing and overtaking situations, factors likely to influence a vessel’s ability to manoeuvre. Navigation lights. Buoyage, identification of lateral buoys & Cardinal buoys, general buoyage.
- 4 hour assessment
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- BSAC Diver Cox'n Certification
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- BSAC Diver Cox'n certificate fee
- BSAC membership
- Wet weather gear (£5 hire)
Please contact the office.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More