RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment
Prior to joining a RYA Powerboat Instructor Course, candidates must demonstrate they have the powerboat handling skills and the supporting knowledge required to go on and teach the sport.
One day. The training takes place from 0930 to 1230. The assessment takes place 1300-1700; you may attend the assessment only if you think you are ready.
- Minimum age 16 years
- Relevant experience in a variety of craft
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased (recommended)
- RYA Membership (join here)
During the morning you will have an opportunity to become familiar with our boats, operate in the same area as the assessment and practice the skills required. Our instructor will coach you on any weak areas.
In the afternoon an RYA Trainer will assess that you can perform all of the RYA Powerboat Level 2 manoeuvres to a good standard and have the supporting background knowledge required.
- Morning of coaching (optional)
- Afternoon of assessment
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- 1 Year free introductory RNLI membership
- Free parking on site
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Individual Person Price: £125
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More
- Stormforce Students' Shackleton Epic Adventure Success! More