RYA Powerboat Intermediate
To learn the skills required to plan and complete coastal passages by day and to develop new boat handling skills.
Two Days 0930 to 1700
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (Coastal) (essential)
- RYA SRC (recommended)
- RYA First Aid (recommended)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased or RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship (useful)
During this course you will plan and undertake a coastal passage, making use of both GPS and traditional navigation. Subjects covered include charts and their interpretation, the compass rose, position, direction and distance, methods of position fixing, tides and weather, GPS navigation, high speed navigation and practical application of. Berthing between piles, Mediterranean moorings, entering and leaving locks and alternative person overboard techniques.
- 2 days Instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat Certificate
- 1 Year free introductory RNLI membership
- Free parking on site
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
The date’s listed below are the first day of the course. If they do not suit please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates around you.
Individual Person Price: £299
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More
- Stormforce Students' Shackleton Epic Adventure Success! More