RYA Powerboat Advanced
So, you want to go fast, travel at night and handle waves? The advanced course covers all this and a whole lot more. If you think it’s time you took your boat further afield or out in more challenging conditions, then this intensive two days should help bring you up to scratch.
This is a 2 day course involving a night exercise on day 1.
Day 1 hours
- Day 1 Start Time- 0930
- Day 1 Finish Time- 3 to 4 hours after dusk (2000 in December, much later in June)
Day 2 hours
- Winter - 0930 to 1700
- Summer - A shorter day as we will have covered more of the syllabus the preceding day
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- Navigation knowledge up to Dayskipper Shorebased standard (essential)
- RYA First aid (essential)
- RYA SRC (essential)
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat (desirable)
The course includes GPS navigation, advanced boat handling, high-speed navigation, night navigation, rough weather handling and search patterns.
- 2 days and a night of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket and light
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate
- 1 Year free introductory RNLI membership
- Free parking on site
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
- Duel certify with the BSAC Diver Cox'n Certificate (£40 for BSAC members or £50 for non Members)
The dates listed below are the first day of the course. If they do not suit please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates around you.
Individual Person Price: £330
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More