Trans Atlantic ARC Race 2013
On November 24th 2013, 225 yachts will set sail from Las Palmas in Gran Canaria to participate in the world famous Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (ARC). This is the biggest trans-ocean race in the world.
Taking advantage of the North East Trade Winds and sailing across the tropics, the ARC is one of the most civilised ways of crossing the Atlantic Ocean. The 2,700 mile crossing is something most sailors only dream of. Leave the cold nights and winter weather behind in the UK as you sail non-stop through the tropics from the Canary Islands to St Lucia in the Caribbean. This will surely be one of the most memorable events of your life.
Passage time is expected to be just under three weeks.
- Minimum of 20 days yachting experience
- Experience of overnight offshore sailing and watch patterns
- RYA Sea Survival Course (one day course run from Southampton)
- September 2013- Crew meet for informal dinner (not included)
- 18 November 2013- Crew fly into Las Palmas
- 19 November 2013- Training and Preparation Week Commences
- Yacht Familiarisation
- Spinnaker Training
- Safety Drills
- ARC Seminars
- Victualling Briefings
- Resource management (battery charging, water and food)
- Sextant set up
- Weather routing and Ocean navigation
- 24 November 2012- The ARC Race
- Circa 11 December 2012- The yacht is welcomed into St Lucia, the crew can remain on board for a couple of days
- A week of pre event training and passage preparation in the Canaries onboard the yacht
- ISAF Offshore Safety Course taught onboard in the Canaries
- RYA Keelboat Sailing With Spinnakers Course on passage
- Professional Skipper
- All meals on board for the duration of the ARC
- All onboard expenses
- Race Entry Fees
- Entry to the ARC seminars and parties
- Team Shirt
What's Not Included:
- Meals in port
- Holiday / Travel Insurance
If you are an aspiring Ocean Yachtmaster candidate, you may use this race as your qualifying passage for the Yachtmaster Ocean Exam. Our Instructor will expect you to take an active role in the passage planning and will help you work through the astro-navigation whilst on board. There is no extra charge for this option but places are limited, as we cannot have an entire boat full of watch leaders!
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
- In the 2011 ARC we came 4th in our racing division; we were the first F40.7 and beat all of the other charter campaigns.
- Despite various sea schools marketing this product in 2011, Stormforce Coaching was the only RYA Training Centre to make it to the start line.
- We limit the total crew to eight (including skipper) thus ensuring everybody onboard gets the opportunity to take an active role in sailing and has some degree of comfort.
- We have a thorough training programme in Gran Canaria during the preparation week.
- We have a 100% pass rate for Ocean practical candidates.
Individual Person Price: £3399
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More