RYA Keelboat Level 2 (Basic Skills)
This course aims for you to become a competent keelboat sailor in light winds. You will be introduced to sailing techniques, manoeuvres, rigging, mooring, safety and basic rules of the road. By the end of the course you should be able to sail in light winds without an instructor onboard.
We offer three variations of the RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 Course,
- Over a weekend 0930 to 1700 each day
- Two consecutive days mid-week 0930 to 1700
- Four summer evenings 1800 to 2130
The course covers rigging, points of sail, leaving and returning to pontoons, sailing efficiently and basic rules of the road. You will spend plenty time on the helm and crewing, which will help you become accustomed to all the terminology and to develop your techniques.
- 2 days shared use of one of our keelboats
- 2 days instruction
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 Certificate
- Free Parking
- 1 year's free introductory membership to the RNLI
What's Not Included:
- Hire of wet weather gear (£5 per day if required)
- Footwear / boots
Individual Person Price: £199
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More