RYA Keelboat Seamanship
For you to develop your sailing skills. This course is on board our open keelboats and gives you maximum time helming and adjusting sails to help you beter understand how a sailing boat works. The plan is not to use the engine at all.
Two Days 0930 to 1700 or 4 evenings.
- Coming alongside under sail
- Departing pontoons under sail
- Picking up moorings under sail
- Anchoring under sail
- Reefing at sea
- Sailing backwards
- Rudderless sailing
- Sailing in confined spaces
Although designed for the leisure sailor this course is good preperation for the RYA Keelboat Instructor Pre Entry.
- 2 days shared use of one of our keelboats
- 2 days instruction
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Keelboat Seamanship Certificate
- Free Parking
- 1 year's free introductory membership to the RNLI
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5/day hire if required)
Individual Person Price: £199
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More
- Stormforce Students' Shackleton Epic Adventure Success! More