Cross Channel Weekender
To cross the English Channel (twice) by sailing yacht.
Three days and three nights, commencing on a Thursday or Friday evening at 1900 and running through to 1600 on the Sunday or Monday.
- Minimum age 16
- Minimum Experience RYA Competent Crew or 5 days, 4 night hours, 100 miles
A typical weekend starts with a shake down sail to Yarmouth, followed by a passage to Alderney, Cherbourg, St. Vaast or a combination of, before returning home to Southampton. The course specifically covers offshore passage planning, watch patterns, offshore position fixing, crossing shipping lanes and foreign customs. Most crews enjoy a meal out in France or the Channel Islands and have been known to bring back the odd bottle or two.
This is an ideal opportunity to get some proper offshore experience under your belt and log some sixty mile passages towards the Yachtmaster Pre Requisites. The crew is typically of mixed experience. Routes and destination do vary and if in the instructor's opinion it is unsafe to cross the channel then sailing will be done closer to home instead.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking
- 1 year's free introductory membership to the RNLI
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5/day hire if required)
- Berthing fees away from the home port
Individual Person Price: £319
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More