MCA STCW '95 Medical Care
To give seafarers who are designated to take charge of medical care on board ship the required training. In practical terms this is a very advanced Medical course for blue water leisure sailors who will be spending extended periods of time away from assistance. It is also required on code of practice vessels operating over 150NM from a safe Haven. Ideal for Commercial Ocean Yachtmaster Skippers.
This certificate is often referred to as the Ship Captain's Medical Course. We generally run it back to back with the Medical First Aid Course (which is a pre requisite).
Four Days 0930 to 1700
- STCW'95 Medical First Aid (within the last five years)
- Minimum age 21 (under 21s are welcome to join the course but will not receive the STCW'95 certificate)
The course aims to train you in the application of advanced medical treatment, allowing you to effectively take the place of the paramedic and hospital staff who could be hundreds of miles and weeks away. The course includes the use of Category A Medical Supplies and drugs.
The more practical parts of the course include:
- Anaesthetics and sedatives
- Use of a sphygmomanometer, stethoscope and clinical thermometer
- Administration of oxygen
- Use of syringes, needles and safe disposal
- Drawing up the correct amount of a drug
- Giving injections
- Suturing a wound
- Minor surgical procudures
- Examination of the throat, eyes and mouth
- Tropical diseases
- Emergency childbirth procedure
- Procedures for keeping a body onboard
Individual Person Price: £599
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More