Here in the UK, leisure skippers of craft less than 24m and/or 80GT are not required to hold a licence to go boating. However, Brits who wish to go boating in Europe (and beyond) will often find they are required to produce a Certificate of Competence.
- Powerboat Level 2 (or higher level Powerboat Course) - includes ICC power 10m
- Day Skipper Motor (or higher level motor cruising course) - includes ICC power 24m
- Day Skipper Sail (or higher level sail cruising course) - includes ICC sail 24m
- PWC Proficiency - includes ICC PWC
If you take any of the above courses with us, your ICC will automatically be endorsed “Coastal”. If you intend to operate within the inland waterways of Europe, you will require the additional inland Code Européen des Voies de Navigation Intérieure (CEVNI) endorsement as well. The CEVNI test is a short multiple-choice test that can be taken either at our centre or online.
Before taking the test with us you will need to self study the contents of http://www.rya.org.uk/shop/pages/product.aspx?pid=G17(RYADefaultCatalog)&mode=c&cat=Inland+Waterways(RYA+Main)&type=&course=
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Either UK citizen or UK resident
- ICC holder (or about to take the ICC)
You can take the test either at our centre (takes less than 15 minutes) or you can take it online. Each question offers you four multiple-choice answers. The pass mark is 11/14. Either way, you may have up to 4 attempts at the test for the one-off fee. You can also take a practice test before you start to see if any more revision is required.
Individual Person Price: £20
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More