Stormforce Coaching is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its' activities on the environment. The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they remain as efficient as possible.
- Minimise emissions through the appropriate selection and use of our fleet and the source of its' power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our Company.
- Although leisure boaters can no longer buy new 2-stroke engines, they are still available to us in the commercial sector and they are cheaper to purchase. Despite this consideration, as outboard engines are replaced or purchased by Stormforce Coaching, preference is given to the more fuel-efficient 4-stroke engines over less efficient 2-stroke engines.
- A review of the fleet has been carried out to ensure we are not using unnecessarily powerful engines. Replacement of some engines is in progress.
- Fuel systems are inspected and maintained regularly to ensure fuels and oils do not leak into the sea or any other environment.
ENGINE SERVICING & FUELING
- Particular care is taken when servicing both diesel and petrol engines to ensure oil is not spilled or leaked into the environment.
- Used oil is disposed of via the council disposal centre. It is transported in designated containers.
- Particular care is taken when re-fuelling boats so as not to spill fuel.
- Staff are actively encouraged to consider the necessity of every journey and, wherever possible, to combine journeys.
- An area is available for staff and customers to park bicycles.
- Water output from cisterns has been reduced.
- Rainwater is collected at our water sports centre and used for rinsing kit.
- “Squeeze On” triggers/valves are being fitted to hoses so that water is not wasted when cleaning boats.
- As light bulbs are replaced we are selecting energy efficient bulbs.
- Extra light switches have been fitted within the premises to reduce the amount of lights switched on unnecessarily.
HEATING & AIR CON
- The attic space of the premises has been insulated to reduce wasted heat.
- Staff are encouraged to keep doors closed in the winter to insulate populated offices from unused rooms.
- Power hungry electric heaters are being replaced with more efficient oil filled electric radiators.
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIERS
- We endeavor to source recycled products for our offices, classrooms and boats.
- We endeavor to source products with minimal packaging.
- We actively support the BMF and RYA initiative “The Green Blue”.
- Students participating on sailing, powerboat and seamanship courses are educated on “green issues” such as pollution, disposal of rubbish when at sea, cleaner engine emissions etc.
- Staff are made aware of how they can help.
- The office operates a programme of re-cycling paper and other waste.
- Our effort to be “greener" will constantly be reviewed.
- Employees are encouraged to suggest and help to implement new ideas.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More