At Stormforce Coaching, we regularly run 'Active Marina' events, in association with the RYA and MDL Marinas.
Following the success of previous years Active Marinas Winter Workshops, we will be once again running the following workshops this coming winter:
- Weather for Yachtsmen (TBC)
- Yacht Rigging (TBC)
- RYA Diesel 21st November and 14th February
- RYA Radar 22nd November and 13th March
- Outboard Engine Maintenance 22nd November and 14th February
- 12 Volt Marine Electrics 15th November
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Night School Monday evenings beginning 17th November
As the days become darker and wetter over winter and you find yourself spending less time on the water, why not take the opportunity to brush up on your maintenance, navigation and meteorological skills, whilst socialising with other berth holders. For more details on any of the above classes, please contact email@example.com or 02380 231122.
Each summer we run a number of activities for our berth holders:
- Ladies Day - Enjoy a half day out on the water in one of our sail cruising yachts or motor cruiser to practice your skills and gain more confidence without your partner/family breathing down your neck! Based at Shamrock Quay, we'll meet for lunch at Quay Fifteen where you can socialise with other like minded ladies!
- Own Boat Tuition - For 2 hours, one of our experienced, knowledgable instructors can join you on your yacht, motor cruiser or RIB to help you practice any skills you wish to!
- Cruise In Company - Over the August Bank Holiday weekend, we'll be leading a 'Cruise in Company' across the Channel. On the Friday evening, everyone wishing to take part will meet for a brief before we leave Shamrock Quay on Saturday morning. Together, we will sail in company across the Channel in time for dinner in France!
- Pilotage Evenings - Once a month we aim to take one of our RIBs to different areas of the Solent. Berth holders are invited to join us so they can familiarise themselves with different marinas, rivers and places of interest. We will discuss various hazards, the local area and most importantly - the pubs to go to!
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More